The Study of Last Things
by James T. Bartsch
Learning about the Future to Live Better Today
"...And they will hammer their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, and never again will they learn war. " (Isa. 20:4)
The Global Peace of Christ's Reign
(1) The Temple Mount in Jerusalem will be the highest governmental authority in the entire world (Isa. 2:1-2).
(2) All nations throughout the world will gravitate to the Temple, the House of the God of Jacob (Isa. 2:2).
(3) Many peoples throughout the world will desire to travel to the Temple so that the King, Jesus Christ, can teach them His ways (Isa. 2:3).
(4) Jesus, the Great King, will judge between the nations. He will serve as the Global Supreme Court (Isa. 2:3-4).
(5) It will be a time of world peace. Nations will hammer their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nations will no longer have defense departments, defense budgets, and standing armies. All these will be unnecessary under the reign of the King of Peace (Isa. 2:4; 9:6-7). Presumably there will be no need for police departments as they are constituted today. What presently is characterized as a police department will become a public service agency.
(6) With no taxes for police departments and military personnel and hardware, this will be the most prosperous global economy the world has ever known. This will be the utopia the world has dreamed of for millennia!
(Scripture quotations taken from the NASB 1995.)
Background and Button Image Credit
Updated May 21, 2021