The Study of Last Things
Learning about the Future to Live Better Today
"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come." John 16:13
1. Introduction to the Dispensations: God’s Ways of Working in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
1a. Timeline of Dispensations. An explanatory timeline table of the historical flow of Dispensations.
2. God’s Map of the Future. A Chart of Prophecies Outlining the Future.
3. The Kingdom of God. A discussion of the complete history of God's establishment of His kingdom upon earth.
b. The Abrahamic Covenant. God's covenant with Abraham, the foundation for other covenants.
c. The New Covenant. God's covenant for achieving spirituality in man.
5. The Present Church Age. God's Method to Rescue Humans from the Present Kingdom of Darkness.
6. The Judgment Seat of Christ. Christ's Judgment of the Works of All Church-Age Believers.
7. The Rapture of the Church. The Blessed Hope of Believers to be Rescued from Terrible Judgment.
8. The Tribulation. The Coming Seven Year Period of Horrific Judgment on an Evil World.
9. Who Is the Antichrist? A Biblical Description of the Antichrist.
10. Celestial Disturbances in the Tribulation. Old Testament starry disturbances in the Tribulation.
11. The Second Coming of Jesus Christ. The Messiah's Return to Judge and Reign over the Earth.
12. A Comparison of the Rapture and the Second Coming. A comparison and contrast of the two phases of Christ's Second Advent.
13. The Judgment of the Survivors of the Tribulation. Jesus' Judgment of Jews and Gentiles who survive the Tribulation.
14. The Millennium. Jesus Christ’s One Thousand Year Reign upon Earth.
15. Millennial Scripture Passages. An extensive list of passages dealing with Christ's one thousand-year reign on earth.
16. The Final Revolt. Man's Final Revolt against Christ and His Authority.
17. The Destruction of the Universe. The Destruction by Fire of the Present Heaven and Earth.
18. The Great White Throne Judgment. The Judgment of the Unbelieving Dead of All Ages.
a. The Book of Life. The Pre-Time Record of the Names of All Believers.
b. Hell, The Lake of Fire. The Eternal Destiny of Unbelievers of All Ages.
19. Heaven. The Abode of God.
20. New Heaven and Earth. God's Creation of a New Universe in Which Only Righteousness Exists.
21. New Jerusalem. God's Eternal Capital for Israel and the Church on New Earth.
22. Dispensational Premillennialism. Jesus' Return in Power Prior to the Millennium. Published February 22, 2010
23. A Sequence of Prophetic Events. A brief presentation of future events predicted in Bible prophecy.
24. Is God a Zionist? Published June 8, 2010
25. A Critique of Preterism (a variety of Postmillennialism) as espoused by Robert C. Sproul. Published March 10, 2011
a. Part 1. The Rebirth of the State of Israel.
b. Part 2. The Emergence of the European Union. Published February 9, 2010
c. Part 3. The Emergence of Eurabia. Published February 5, 2010
d. Part 4. The Move Toward a Global Economy. Published March 20, 2010
e. Part 5. The Move Toward a Global Government. Published April 20, 2010
f. Part 6. The Move Toward Governmental Control. Published August 6, 2020. Incomplete
g. Part 7. The Global Rise of Authoritarianism and the Social Credit (Digital Surveillance) System. A Flashpoint GeoProphecy Report with David Rosenthal. Published with permission on WordExplain on February 9, 2021
27. Why was there no Rapture on May 21, 2011? Published May 24, 2011
28. The Day of the LORD, Index Page - also known as The Day of Yahweh. Updated Nov. 16, 2018
29. Why the Belief That the Church Has Replaced Israel Is an Unbiblical Doctrine. A listing of Michael Vlach's main point in one of his articles on SupersessionismReplacement Theology). Posted December 19, 2011
30. The Meeting in the Air. Why 1 Thessalonians 4:17 cannot be used to prove a post-tribulation Rapture. First posted February 12, 2012. Updated June 29, 2019.
31. Nine Reasons Why Belief in a Post-Tribulation Rapture is not Credible. Posted initially February 15, 2012
32. Ezekiel's Millennial Temple. Posted March 17, 2014
35. Significant Judgments of the Bible. (PDF File) Posted June 19, 2014
36. End-Time Judgments. (HTML File) Posted June 19, 2014
37. A Comparison of Matt. 24:29-31 with 1 Thess. 4:13-18. (PDF File) Posted July 21, 2014
38. The Identity of the Great Prostitute. Posted September 25, 2014
39. Not Already, Not Yet. A critique of Progressive Dispensationalism. Posted December 26, 2015
40. Tracking Coronavirus and What Lies Ahead. Posted May 23, 2020
41. The COVID Mask: Symbol of the Government's Power to Control You.
42. Debunking a Mid-Tribulation Rapture. PDF document. Partially completed on February 10, 2021
43. An Explanation of PreWrath Rapture. An analysis and critique of Alan Kurschner's PreWrath Timeline. This document is in its infancy, far from completion. Last posted on February 15, 2021
The Second Coming of the Messiah
The Belief of Israel
Prophecies of the Second Coming of the Messiah
Looking at Rapture Passages (Topic of the next three articles)
Jesus' Promise. John 14:1-6
The Apostle Paul's Explanation. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Transformation! The Glorious Exception to Death! 1 Corinthians 15:50-52
Will Church-Age Christians Have to Endure the Tribulation? (Topic of the next four articles)
Part One: The promise made to the Church of exemption from the hour of testing. Rev. 3:10
Part Two: The symbolism of the call of John to heaven prior to the start of the Tribulation (Rev. 4:1)
Part Three: The absence of the noun ekklēsía (1577) between Rev. 3:22 and Rev.22:16
Part Four: The promise of Paul to the Thessalonian Church (1 Thess. 5:1-11)
Will Anyone Get Saved During the Tribulation? (Topic of the next three articles)
Martyrs seen in the Fifth Seal. (Rev. 6:9-11)
The 144,000 Israelis. (Rev. 7:1-8)
An Innumerable Host of Gentile Martyrs up in Heaven. (Rev. 7:9-17)
What Will It Be Like When Jesus Returns in Power and Great Glory? (Topic of the next two articles)
What Judgments Will Occur at Christ's Second Coming? (Topic of the next six articles)
The Judgment of Israelis Who Have Survived the Tribulation (Topic of the next four articles)
The Judgment in the Wilderness. (Ezekiel 20:33-38)
The Parable of the Ten Virgins. (Matt. 25:1-13)
The Parable of the Talents. (Matt. 25:14-30)
The Parable of the Ten Slaves. (Luke 19:11-27)
The Judgment of the Nations (Gentiles) Who Have Survived the Tribulation. (Matt. 25:31-46)
What Will Be the Chronology and Character of Christ's Reign? (Topic of the next three articles)
The Chronology of His Reign. (Rev. 20:1-6)
The Global Peace of His Reign. (Isaiah 2:1-4)
The Justice of His Reign. (Isa. 11:1-9)
The Glory of Israel in His Reign. (Isa. 60)
Prophecies of the End of the Age and the Eternal State
The Release of Satan from the Abyss and the Global Rebellion.
The Destruction of the Universe. Part 1. (2 Peter 3:1-13)
The Destruction of the Universe. Part 2. (Rev. 20:11)
The Great White Throne Judgment. (Rev. 20:11-15)
Creation of New Heavens and New Earth (Isa. 65:17; 66:22; 2 Pet. 3:13; Rev. 21:1)
The Arrival of New Jerusalem (Rev. 21:2, 10)
The Population of New Jerusalem and New Earth (Rev. 21:3-4, 6-12, 22-27; 22:1-5)
The Glory of New Jerusalem (Rev. 22:1-22:5)
Links to Worthwhile Off-Site Eschatological Contributions
7 Reasons Your Church Should Take Eschatology Seriously. Michael J. Vlach, January 9, 2018
A Case for Premillennialism. Michael J. Vlach, February 26, 2018
Is Jesus Currently on David's Throne? Peter's Use of Psalm 132:11 in Acts 2:30, by Michael J. Vlach. An excellent article refuting the interpretation that Jesus is now, in heaven, seated on David's throne. David's throne is on earth, not in heaven. (This off-site entry posted on Dec. 3, 2018.)
An Overview of the Kingdom of God, by Mike Auffet.
Auffet calls for a coherent presentation of the Kingdom of God based on the Apostolic model, which rested solely on the Old Testament. This article includes a critique of Progressive Dispensationalism, similar as it is to George Eldon Ladd's Historical Premillennial (thus post-tribulational) theology, which comes across as Covenant Premillennialism. This is an off-site essay. (Entry posted January 10, 2012)
The History of American Pretribulationism by Timothy Demy, Th.D., Ph.D.
Explores the contributions of such men as John Nelson Darby (1800-1882), James H. Brookes (1837-1897), William E. Blackstone (1841-1935), A. J. Gordon (1836-1895), Arthur T. Pierson (1837-1911), Rueben A. Torrey (1856-1928), Dwight L. Moody (1837-1899), Arno C. Gaebelein (1861-1945), Billy Sunday (1862-1935), James M. Gray (1851-1935), William Bell Riley (1861-1947), C. I. Scofield (1843-1921), H. A. Ironside (1876-1951), Wilbur M. Smith (1894-1976), Alva J. McClain (1888-1968), James M. Gray (1851-1935), Lewis Sperry Chafer (1871-1952), John F. Walvoord (1910-2002), J. Dwight Pentecost (1915-present), Charles C. Ryrie (1925-present), Tim LaHaye (1926-present) Hal LIndsey (1929-present), and Jerry Jenkins (1949-present). (Entry posted March 5, 2013)
Biblical Evidences for a Pretribulational Rapture by Michael Vlach.
Michael J. Vlach, Ph.D., is Professor of Theology at The Master's Seminary in Sun Valley, CA, where he has been teaching full time since 2006. Vlach is a solid exegete who interprets the Scriptures as they were written, not in accordance with a metaphorical, non-literal hermeneutic.
Some Thoughts on a New Book: "Perspectives on Israel and the Church: Four Views" by Michael Vlach
Michael J. Vlach, Ph.D., is Professor of Theology at The Master's Seminary in Sun Valley, CA, where he has been teaching full time since 2006. Vlach is a solid exegete who interprets the Scriptures as they were written, not in accordance with a metaphorical, non-literal hermeneutic. This first installment of his review of the book is a critique of the contribution of Robert L. Reymond. This review appears in Vlach's blog. This article was placed on Vlach's blog site on March 23, 2015. This link to Vlach's article was posted on WordExplain on March 23, 2015.
Israel's Kingdom in the Apocalypse, by Robert L. Thomas. Dr. Thomas had been assigned to defend Dispensationalism for the (then) upcoming B&H Perspectives on Israel and the Church. He adapted his presentation in a .pdf format for Baptist Bible Seminary's annual Council on Dispensational Hermeneutics. The 2014 Council was entitled, "Defending Premillennialism." Dr. Thomas' presentation was Session 10. In part, Thomas refutes Dr.Bruce Waltke's contention that the New Testament interprets the imagery of the Old Testament with reference to the present spiritual reign of Christ from his heavenly throne. Thomas also refutes the eclectic hermeneutics of Gregory Beale, by which he justifies his allegorical interpretation of the Apocalpyse. He also critiques the positions of David Aune and Grant Osborne in their commentaries on Revelation. (This link was added on August 16, 2015.)
WordExplain by James T. Bartsch
(Scripture quotations taken from the NASB. Used by Permission.)
Button Bar Credit
Updated May 31, 2021